Thursday, March 22, 2012

My "New" Dress Form

The other day my hubby and I were driving around and we passed an antiques store. The store had four dress forms just sitting outside! So my hubby pulled over and I hopped out to see what they were asking for one. Turns out the guy only wanted $20!!! I was so excited. This is what it looked like when I got it.


These measurements are way off from being mine so I had to "plump" it up a little. I took an old pillow and used the stuffing to fill out the form. I was having a hard time with the, um, upper body so I had to use an old bra to help me out lol!


Once it was all stuffed I took some material I had and covered it. Thankfully I had started to make a top out of this knit fabric, but then I changed my mind, so I had the perfect piece already cut and mostly sewn to fit the dress form.

As you can see it's super lumpy! I smoothed everything out and then stitched the bottom shut. Now I don't have to try everything I make on a million times before I'm finished! 




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :o)