Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY: Plastic Bag Holder


I try to carry reusable bags when I remember, but, there are times when I forget. Or when my hubby has to pick up some things on his way home from work. So we have a lot of plastic bags around our house. I had been keeping them in a bag in the kitchen but I was having to take all the bags out just to get one. While we were at the grocery store the other day I spotted some plastic bag holders and figured I could just make my own! This is another project that I just used fabric scraps that I had in my stash.

 To start I took two pieces of fabric 8 inches wide and 20 inches long and sewed them right sides together. On one side I left some room at the top so I could create a space to hang it from.


Then I hemmed the edges of those pieces.


Next I stitched a portion of the top closed.


After that I just made an elastic casing, on each side, and added 8 inch elastic pieces. That's it, easy peasy, this whole project took me maybe 10 minutes to complete and now the plastic bags in my kitchen are organized! 

 



I'm linking up at:


Organize and Decorate Everything
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :o)