Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY: Fabric Refresher

Source

I don't know about you, but around here I'm constantly needing a to refresh something. Whether it's our couch, carpet, or curtains. With two kids things get messy and start to not smell so fresh. It's normal in our house to keep a bottle of fabric refresher spray on hand. But to be honest I don't like the smell of them. Or spending the money on them. So I decided to create my own! 

It was really easy to make and it's safe on pretty much any fabric (do a fabric check before hand just to be sure).  All you need is a spray bottle, baking soda, and your favorite fabric softener. 


First I put about two tablespoons of baking soda in a water bottle.


Then I added 12oz of fabric softener.


Lastly I added warm water to the mix and shook it up. 


That's it! It couldn't any easier. The baking soda absorbs any odors and the fabric softener leaves a nice fresh smell. I love using this stuff and the scent lasts longer than most commercial fabric refresher sprays. This has become my secret cleaning weapon. After I finish cleaning my living room I give my couch and curtains a quick spritz and the house smells great!


Is this something you would try?




I'm linking up at:
Katie's Nesting Spot
I Heart Nap Time
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :o)