Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Men's Dress Shirt Refashion



My husband had this lavender dress shirt he wasn't wearing and our newly painted living room needed some color. So I figured a refashion was in order :o)


I started by cutting the top and bottom off of the shirt. If you want a taller pillow you could cut it closer under the arms. But that's not the look I was going for.


Then I just  turned the shirt inside out and sewed up the sides, leaving an opening so I could stuff it. I also sewed the button portion closed. While the shirt is inside out you'll be able to see where the two sides meet. You don't want the seam to show, you just want it to look like a buttoned up shirt.


Next I turned it right side out, stuffed it, and sewed the opening shut. I used filling from an old pillow to stuff it. So I had to really fluff it once it was all stuffed, because it was really lumpy. If you buy stuffing for it then you'll get a much smother look.


This is what I ended up with. 



You can cut the shirt to be any size pillow you want, I just personally like the jelly roll look. 






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :o)