Sunday, March 4, 2012

Best Homemade Pizza Ever!


I'm not sure where I got this pizza recipe from but I know that it is our go to recipe. I've tried tons and tons of pizza crust recipes and the most common problem I've run into is that the outside cooks up too quickly and the inside is too runny! But this recipe is perfect! 

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 packet of yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil

First I heat my oven to 400 degrees. Next I put all the dry ingredients into a bowl, then I make a well and add the yeast. I pour oil on the outsides of the flour and pour half of the water directly over the yeast. 






I mix everything together with a fork and then add the rest of the water. After most of the flour is wet I begin using my hand. 





I start by punching the flour down, then I use my hand to gather the flour and punch it down again. I repeat this process until the flour forms a ball. 









Then I pour a little oil on my hands and rub down my pizza pan, my rolling pin, and the dough. I roll out my dough using my pin and the heel of my hand.


(If anyone knows how to get this pan back to it's original color please let me know!)





Once the dough is rolled out I set it to the side and cook up my toppings. For this pizza I used veggie sausage and peppers.

(Ignore the hole in the package, I started to open it before I took the picture lol)


I add the sauce and cheese. Then the toppings and some more cheese. Then I bake for 20 minutes.




And voila!



For my little munchkin with food allergies I just make her a personal pizza. 





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :o)